Our Pensacola VPK Program
FREE VPK at Malena’s! Register Today!
VPK SCHOOL YEAR 2014-2015
To register your child for VPK school year 2014-2015 you must have:
- Proof of Birth for the Child
Example: birth certificate; a current Florida shot record or physical (signed by doctor or nurse); U.S. passport, child’s life insurance policy that has been in force for at least two (2) years, which reflects the child’s birth date; a valid military dependent identification card showing the date of birth
2. Proof of Florida Residency
Example: current utility bill (within 90 days of application date); voter registration card, tag receipt, insurance card, rental lease, pay stubs (within 90 days of application date) that reflects address; government documents (e.g., prior tax returns)
3. Access to a scanner
If you do not have access to a scanner or need assistance, you may come to either Malena’s location and we will assist you.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for the VPK school year 2014/2015, your child must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2014.
Click on the link to begin registration: https://vpkcp.floridaearlylearning.com
*Once you receive your VPK Certificate of Eligibility you must bring it to Malena’s to complete the VPK registration process.
VPK in Pensacola is Free to All 4-Year Olds! Voluntary Pre-kindergarten or VPK gives children a jump start by preparing them for school and enhancing their pre-reading, pre-math, language and social skills. By developing the skills children need to become strong readers and students at an early age, children are more likely to be successful in school. Malena’s Pre K classrooms offer high-quality programs that include high literacy standards, developmentally appropriate curricula, manageable class sizes, and qualified teachers. If you live in Florida and have a child who turns 4 years of age by September 1, your child is eligible for Florida’s FREE VPK program. Two programs are offered annually. The school-year program includes 540 hours of instructional time and begins in August/September. The summer program consists of 300 instructional hours and can begin as early as May 1.
Enroll your 4-year-old in VPK Pensacola today at Malena’s Mini School!
What is VPK
VPK stands for the Voluntary Pre-kindergarten Education Program. If you live in Florida, and your child turns 4 four years of age by September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida’s FREE Voluntary Pre-kindergarten (VPK) education program.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
- The early years are the learning years. A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
- Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
- Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children. Pre-K enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.